- What is the meaning of dispel?
- What does brusque mean in English?
- What is the synonym of despise?
- What does lack of candor mean?
- What is an unrefined person?
- What is the antonym of Persuade?
- What is the full meaning of magnificent?
- Is candor a good thing?
- What is a antonym for cajole?
- What’s a better word for magnificent?
- How do you use cajole in a sentence?
- What do you call someone who uses big words to sound smart?
- What is the opposite of Harbinger?
- What is another word for amazing?
- What is the correct meaning of the word temperament?
- What does cajole mean?
- What is a brusque person?
- What does candor mean?
- What does disheveled mean?
- What is the definition of scrupulously?
- What is the difference between honesty and candor?
What is the meaning of dispel?
: to drive away or cause to vanish by or as if by scattering : dissipate dispel a rumor..
What does brusque mean in English?
markedly short and abrupt1 : markedly short and abrupt a brusque reply. 2 : blunt in manner or speech often to the point of ungracious harshness was brusque with the customers.
What is the synonym of despise?
Dictionary of English Synonymes despise(v. a.) Synonyms: contemn, scorn, spurn, disdain, scout, slight, disregard, hold in contempt, look down upon.
What does lack of candor mean?
more than just telling the truthCandor’s definition is more than just telling the truth. It’s the willingness to come forward. As you can infer, a lack of candor suggests more than just dishonesty. It’s dishonesty by omission, which means the element of directness and truth is intentionally ignored.
What is an unrefined person?
(of persons) lacking art or knowledge. boorish, loutish, neandertal, neanderthal, oafish, swinish. ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behavior or appearance. coarse, common, rough-cut, uncouth, vulgar. lacking refinement or cultivation or taste.
What is the antonym of Persuade?
Words popularity by usage frequencyrankingword#20138discourage#22854hinder#25684compel#30094restrain5 more rows
What is the full meaning of magnificent?
1. beautiful in a grand or stately way; rich or sumptuous, as in construction, decoration, form, etc. 2. exalted. said of ideas, etc., and also of some former rulers, as Lorenzo the Magnificent.
Is candor a good thing?
Here’s the thing. Transparency and candor in the workplace are absolutely good and important. The tangible and intangible costs of lack of engagement and collaboration within an organization are substantial. Unfortunately, candor and honest feedback can be destructive when used as, or perceived as, weapons.
What is a antonym for cajole?
cajole. Antonyms: chide, rate, scold, warn. Synonyms: tempt, lure, coat, flatter, wheedle, delude, cheat, inveigle, dupe.
What’s a better word for magnificent?
Some common synonyms of magnificent are grandiose, grand, imposing, majestic, and stately.
How do you use cajole in a sentence?
(1) It is difficult to cajole him into consent. (2) He really knows how to cajole people into doing what he wants. (3) I managed to cajole his address out of them. (4) Aid workers do their best to cajole rich countries into helping.
What do you call someone who uses big words to sound smart?
Sesquipedalian can also be used to describe someone or something that overuses big words, like a philosophy professor or a chemistry textbook. If someone gives a sesquipedalian speech, people often assume it was smart, even if they don’t really know what it was about because they can’t understand the words.
What is the opposite of Harbinger?
What is the opposite of harbinger?concealdenyhidesecretkeep secretwithholdrefrainrepressbe quietbottle up
What is another word for amazing?
In this page you can discover 61 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for amazing, like: astonishing, incredible, astounding, marvelous, phenomenal, wondrous, fantastical, prodigious, stupendous, miraculous and fantastic.
What is the correct meaning of the word temperament?
1a : characteristic or habitual inclination or mode of emotional response a nervous temperament. b : extremely high sensibility especially : excessive sensitiveness or irritability.
What does cajole mean?
transitive verb. 1a : to persuade with flattery or gentle urging especially in the face of reluctance : coax had to cajole them into going. b : to obtain from someone by gentle persuasion cajoled money from his parents.
What is a brusque person?
(brʌsk ) 1. adjective. If you describe a person or their behavior as brusque, you mean that they deal with things, or say things, quickly and shortly, so that they seem to be rude.
What does candor mean?
Candor, related to the adjective candid, refers to straightforward honesty or frankness in speech or expression.
What does disheveled mean?
: marked by disorder or disarray. Examples: The young man’s wrinkled suit gave him a disheveled appearance. ”
What is the definition of scrupulously?
1 : having moral integrity : acting in strict regard for what is considered right or proper. 2 : punctiliously exact : painstaking working with scrupulous care.
What is the difference between honesty and candor?
while candor does relate to honesty, it usually has a sense of being not only honest, but direct, frank, or otherwise outspoken. … So this means that by being sincere while being honest means being direct, but also in a considerate way.