- Can I say thank you too?
- Does Shi Shi mean thank you?
- How do you express gratitude in Chinese?
- How do you respond to thank you?
- What is the meaning of Xie Xie?
- What is Jie Jie?
- What should I say after she says thank you?
- What to say after someone says you’re welcome?
- How do you say thank you politely?
- How do you say thank you humbly?
- How do you reply to Xie Xie?
Can I say thank you too?
As Richard Urwin says, you can’t say thank you too often.
If both you and the other person have mutually done something nice for one another, then “Thank you too” is good.
If you alone have done the favour, then “You’re welcome” is better..
Does Shi Shi mean thank you?
In Chinese, Shi Shi is spelled “Xie Xie” which means “Thanks” and Ni means “You”.
How do you express gratitude in Chinese?
1. 谢谢 谢谢is the most commonly used term to express gratitude in Chinese. Universal and proper for most situations. Anytime you want to say thanks in Chinese, use 谢谢and it won’t go wrong. Also, just like the sound xie xie, in Chinese characters the phrase is the repetition of the same character 谢, meaning to thank.
How do you respond to thank you?
10 English Phrases for Responding to “Thank You”You’re welcome.No problem.No worries.Don’t mention it.My pleasure.Anytime.It was the least I could do.Glad to help.More items…
What is the meaning of Xie Xie?
to thank thanks thank youxiè xie. to thank thanks thank you.
What is Jie Jie?
The Chinese word jiejie – 姐姐 – jiĕjie. (older sister in Chinese)
What should I say after she says thank you?
You are welcome This is the standard response to a person saying thank you. It can be official or informal, like with, “You’re welcome!”
What to say after someone says you’re welcome?
Here are a few more ways to say “You’re welcome” in English.You got it.Don’t mention it.No worries.Not a problem.My pleasure.It was nothing.I’m happy to help.Not at all.More items…•May 21, 2014
How do you say thank you politely?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:Thank you so much.Thank you very much.I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.I sincerely appreciate ….My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.My thanks and appreciation.Please accept my deepest thanks.More items…
How do you say thank you humbly?
Do say ‘thank you’. The rule of thumb when you receive a compliment is to simply and humbly say “Thank you” or “Thank you; I appreciate your kind words.” By accepting the compliment, you show gratitude for the other person’s kind remarks and do not come off as vain, bashful or prideful.
How do you reply to Xie Xie?
I always reply by saying “Thank you,” with the emphasis on the word you. Think about Mandarin, where the response to “xie xie” is often “bu yong xie” (literally, no need to thank) or “bu ke qi” (it is nothing – IF I understand them correctly).